Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Owner: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America
Delivery Method: Design Build
Stenco served as the Design Build contractor for the Powertrain Building expansion at Toyota Technical Center in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The expansion was required to accommodate three new dynamometers in the existing powertrain testing facility. Stenco also completed all demolition, excavation, and concrete construction including foundations, dynamometer pits, flat work, and access road for new tank farm.
This project was completed while testing operations continued on a 24 hour basis. Careful coordination with multiple user groups was required to complete all aspects of the project and ensure that all testing operations continued as scheduled.
Major components of this project included:
- 4070 SF penthouse addition with 3 access stairs for expanded utilities of the new dynamometer cells and expanded laboratory space
- Chassis and engine dynamometer pits
- 4WD Dynamometer #6 - Dynamometer Pit
- Engine Test Dynamometer Pit
- MRD Lab Renovation
- New fuel storage area, tank farm, distribution piping, controls and gas detection, and alarm for the use of unleaded fuel, ethanol, and E85 blended fuels. Also included was the construction of a day tank storage facility for daily fuel usage in testing that blast resistant
- Test cell construction included blast relief construction